You Need A Face Mask
Music Therapy hygiene/safety video & song for special needs individuals.
Goal: Client will learn why and how to wear a face mask.
Domains: Behavior, Social
As the coronavirus rages on and businesses open up, some places are requiring that customers wear face masks. Even if it’s not a requirement, wearing a mask is a sensible idea. This song explains how to put on a face mask and why wearing a face mask in public is important.
Though not explicitly using the words “if” and “then”, the lyrics present an if/then statement. If you wear a mask, then you can go where you want to go. If/then statements are useful behavior tools for people of all ages… If you eat your vegetables, then you get dessert… If you do your job, then you get a paycheck…
Places are shown in the video, but not named in the song. You may choose to use the song along with your own pictures or photos of places that your child enjoys.
How to put on a face mask is broken down into three steps:
1. Clean your hands.
2. Put the straps around your ears.
3. Cover your nose and mouth.
Two reasons are given for why a face mask should be worn:
1. Because the rules state that you need to wear a face mask.
2. Because wearing a face mask protects you from getting a disease.
- Video – You Need A Face Mask [mp4 video file]
- Song – You Need A Face Mask [mp3 audio file]
- Lyrics – You Need A Face Mask [PDF]
- Lyrics & Chords – You Need A Face Mask [PDF]